Below are some construction safety tips which you can follow to avoid any major mishap:-
- In case of house construction in built up area, give proper protection at the excavated area including fixation of signboard and lighting arrangement to avoid the fall of any passer-by into excavated portion.
- The home owner should insure all construction safety measures before laying cement concrete because sometimes the contractor uses old decayed ‘ballies’, small pieces having joint in ballies, white ant affected batten and decayed planks which are not able to take load and create mishap and even take the life of labor.
- Home owner should ensure that the movement of people is banned near working area by making barricade etc. because during dismantle of old building the contractor tries to dismantle the portion without having safety measures which may cause hurt to laborers or passers-by.
- Water storage tank built for general use and curing should not be much deep to avoid fatal incidence of falling laborers’ children into the tank. The length and breadth of the tank may be increased without increasing its’ depth if required. The steps should be provided in the water tank.
- From home construction safety point of view the home owner should encase electrical wires with plastic pipes or by bamboo strips to avoid accident occurred due to the touches of iron bars with electric wires at the time of bending and binding MS steel bars on the roof since in some cases electric power lines pass near the house.
All these are common home construction safety tips which can be applied for good life of any construction project.
Concrete is easy to work with: versatile, durable and economical. By taking a few basic precautions, it is also one of the safest building materials known. Relatively few people involved in mixing, handling and finishing concrete have experienced injury.
Outlined below are some simple suggestions - protection, prevention, common sense precautions - useful to anyone working with portland cement and concrete.